WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
Frequently Asked Questions – What Are We Looking For – What Does It Take?
The information below should help guide you in your decision to apply. Please review it, and, if this sounds like you, please apply here.
If you have any questions about the qualification information below, please contact us before applying.
- All applicants must submit for DOT approved background checks. We look for a clean driving record, no criminal history, and social security enrollment.
- Your vehicle must have been manufactured in last 10 years unless approved by our safety department. You must have all necessary securement and safety equipment.
- All owner operators must be willing to travel outside the state of Texas and work nights and weekends when necessary.
- All drivers must be familiar with DOT standard operating procedures and applicable laws.
- Full Open Pickup/Piperack – Minimum 1 year verifiable experience in Hot Shot delivery
- Small Stakebed – Minimum 1 year verifiable experience in Hot Shot Delivery
- Large Stakebed – Minimum 2 years verifiable experience in Hot Shot Delivery or comparable service
- Minifloat/Gooseneck – Minimum 2 years verifiable experience in Hot Shot Delivery or comparable service. Must have Class “A” license (HazMat or Tanker endorsement a plus). Must have own apportion plates.
- Tractor – Minimum 2 years verifiable experience in Hot Shot Delivery or comparable service
- Must have Class “A” license (HazMat or Tanker endorsement a plus)
- Must have own apportion plates
- Must be 23 years of age or over
- Have two years minimum, verifiable flatbed experience
- Must have a TWIC card
- Good MVR and Criminal History
- Truck must be professional in appearance and good, sound, mechanical condition
- Must have full PPE (i.e. FRC’s, hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots, safety vest)
- Must have all required securement equipment for your type of truck
- Must be able to read a key map
- Must have a key map, and the key map must be the newest edition available, or the previous edition
- Great customer service skills